Students from the CE Department, majoring in transportation and planning, presented research papers at the Transportation Science Society of the Philippines(TSSP) national conference held at the National Center for Transportation Studies in UP, Diliman last August 8, 2016. The theme was “What Gets Measured, Gets Managed: Transportation, Data and Statistics.
The conference started with an opening remarks by Dr. Vea, the previous TSSP president. This is then followed by Hon. Lontoc (Undersecretary of Department of Transportation), who gave the keynote speech. A panel discussion regarding Road Safety was then followed by four speakers coming from DPWH, DOT, UP Diliman and PGRSP.
In the afternoon, the conference was separated into 4 sessions: Transportation Mode and Safety, Transport Modelling and Simulation, Transport Planning and Behavior Modelling. A total of 22 presenters, coming from different schools such as Lyceum, UP Diliman and Los Banos, Mapua, and DLSU- Manila. There are a total of 10 Lasallian groups and individuals who presented.
Here are the list of student and faculty members who presented their papers.
- Application of Artificial Neural Network to Trip Attraction of Condominiums in Metro Manila (Dr. ROXAS, N.R. and Dr. FILLONE, A.M.)
- Comparison of Logit and Neural Network Model in Inter-Island Discrete Choice Analysis (Engr. ROQUEL, KIDZ and Dr. FILLONE, AM)
- Investigating the Relationship Between Housing Affordability and Mobility in Metro Manila (Engr. ABAD, RP, Dr. FILLONE, AM, BANISTER, D, HICKMAN, R, BIONA, JBMM)
- Choice Analysis of Access and Egress Mode: Use the Pedicab or Walk (BONGULTO, J.R.D., PONCE, J.V.J., DE LA PAZ, L.A.G., VEGA, M.A.C. and Dr. FILLONE, A.M.
- Design Consideration for a Major Terminal Facility of Metro Manila (BAYONA, M.E.A.C., CANO, S.M., DAGDAGAN, M.M.Y., VALEDA, C.C.M., and Dr. FILLONE, A.M.)
- Assessment of Localized Congestion on the Roads of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport 3 (NAIA 3), Pasay City, Manila (CARANDANG, C.C.P., CRUZ, N.E.G., OLEA, A.J.N., PATIU, A., FILLONE, A.M.)
- A study on the Effect Lane Changing Behavior on the Approach Ramp of a Road Overpass (AGUILAR, M., GERONIMO, C.R., BELDA, A.J., LAMBERTE, A., Dr. FILLONE, A.M.)
- Micrsocopic Modelling of Traffic Management Schemes Along Taft Avenue, Manila (ALIPING, A.B., BARTOLOME, A.V.R., SANTE, R.A.P., SULIT, E.A.V., Dr. FILLONE, A.M.)
- Analysis of the Effect of a Traffic Discipline Zone on Vehcicular Flow Along Estrada Street From Singalong Street ot Taft Avenue. (DE LEON, E.S.S., TAN, E.A.R., VERGEL DE DIOS, L.P.M., Dr. PARINGIT, M.C.R.)
- Characterizing Student Travel Behavior During Heavy Rainfall and Flooding (IBASCO, L.S.S., Dr. FILLONE, A.M.)
At the same time, TSSP has elected its new president, none other than our very own TRE Division Head, Dr. Alexis M. Fillone. Congratulations!