DLSU professor, Dr. Andres Winston Oreta and DLSU graduate students and alumni will present technical papers in the SPACE2016 organized by PICE-Makati Chapter, Association of Structural Engineers of the Philippines (ASE) and the Institute of Specialist Structural Engineers of the Philippines (ISSEP) on Sept. 1-2, 2016 at the Century Park Hotel, Manila. SPACE means Sustainable Proactive Advocacies in Civil Engineering.
Dr. Oreta will present a paper based on a report of his AUN/SEED-Net research visit in Japan in 2015 entitled "Survey of Retrofit Methods of RC Buildings in Japan." Carla Maria B. Gonzales (BSCE alumnus) will present her group's undergraduate thesis with Dr. Oreta as adviser on "A Proposed Methodology for Quantifying the Environmental Impacts of Structural Elements of Standard Bridge Designs."
PhD civil engineering students, Joenel Galupino (presently the CE ASF) and Erica Uy (former part time lecturer, now ERDT scholar) will present the following papers which they completed in the graduate class under Dr. Lessandro Garciano:
- Characterization of the Surigao Bridges using Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Assessment (PSHA) and Geographic Information System (GIS) - Joenel Galupino
- A Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Analysis of Some Areas in Cebu Susceptible to Earthquake Induced Landslide - Erica Erice Uy
- Seismic Risk Analysis of a Water Distribution Pipeline - Janice Kaye L. Aquino
- Rain Induced Landslide Assessment of Pico Lamtang Road - Basis for Probable Disaster Mitigation Plans - Jan Nicolas Baldo
- Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Analysis (PSHA) of a Heritage Building Site: The Case Study of St. Augustine Church of Paoay, Ilocos Norte - Jonas Paul B. Dela Cruz