By Engr. Paolo Ian Lucero
Mumbai, INDIA – Organized by the World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTRS), the 15th WCTR was held in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay last May 26 to 31, 2019 and was attended by Dr. Alexis M. Fillone, Engr. Raymund Paolo B. Abad and Engr. Paolo Ian Lucero, members of DLSU’s Civil Engineering Department (Transportation Engineering Division).
The following papers were presented:
(1) Changes in travel behavior during flood events in relation to transport modes: the case of Metro Manila, Philippines by R. Abad & A. Fillone
(2) Is there a gender dimension in transport? Examining female student’s decision making in the context of climate-aggravated disruptions by A. Fillone & I. Mateo-Babiano
(3) Trip generation study of a shuttle service system in a relocation site: A case in the Philippines by R. Catolos, A. Custodio, J. Layug, J. Uy, M. Paringit, J. Galupino & P. Lucero
(4) Understanding of traffic signs by drivers in the city of Manila, Philippines by J. Fernandez, J. Salvador, M. Paringit, J. Galupino & P. Lucero
(1) Driver's Road Accident Factor Prioritization using AHP in Relation to Mastery of Traffic Signs in the City of Manila by J. Fernandez, J. Salvador, M. Paringit, J. Galupino & P. Lucero
The World Conference on Transport Research (WCTR) is organized every three years by the WCTR Society and is supported by Elsevier. The conference aims to bring together academics, practitioners, managers, and policymakers from all parts of the world to share cutting-edge research and advanced state-of-the-art practice in the transportation engineering field. The conference also includes special sessions, technical tours, exhibitions and social events. The event provides a unique opportunity for experts to exchange ideas in all areas of transport research. WCTR 2019 was attended by more than 900+ participants from 80+ countries all over the world.
The next WCTR will be held in Canada in 2022.