DLSU Civil Engineering Department faculty, alumni and graduate students attended and presented papers in the 19th Association of Structural Engineers of the Philippines International Convention (19AIC) held on May 30 - June 1, 2019 at the Crowne Plaza, Galleria Manila, Quezon City. The 19AIC has the theme, "Structural Engineering for Infrastructure Resilience."
The following CE Faculty presented papers in the Technical Sessions held on June 1, 2019:
- A PROPOSED RESILIENCE INDEX OF A MULTI-SOURCE WATER DISTRIBUTION NETWORK (WDN) - Dr. Lessandro Garciano (DLSU Professor)
- APPLICATION OF OPTICAL FLOW IN MONITORING THE DEVELOPMENT OF LIQUEFACTION IN A CYCLIC TRIAXIAL TEST - Dr. Erica Elice Uy (DLSU Associate Prof)
- THEORY AND MODELING OF PARTIAL CFRP CONFINED CONCRETE - Dr. Rodolfo Mendoza, Jr. (DLSU Associate Prof.)
- ASSESSMENT OF NON-ENGINEERED MASONRY WALLS AGAINST EXTREME HAZARDS CONSIDERING LOCAL CONSTRUCTION PRACTICE - Richard De Jesus (DLSU Asst. Prof., PhD Grad Student)
The following DLSU CE alumni and graduate students presented papers in the Technical Sessions held on June 1, 2019:
- INVESTIGATION OF THE EFFECTS OF CORROSION ON BOND STRENGTH OF STEEL IN CONCRETE - Dr. Nolan Concha (DLSU PhD CE Graduate)
- SEISMIC PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF SCHOOL BUILDINGS CONSIDERING THE POST-DISASTER FUNCTION: CASE STUDY FOR FACILITIES OF PANGASINAN STATE UNIVERSITY, PHILIPPINES - Rizalyn Illumin (DLSU MSCE Graduate)
- EXTENDING LIFESPAN OF A RETROFITTED SCHOOL BUILDING AT VIGAN CITY, PHILIPPINES DAMAGED BY THE GREAT 1990 LUZON EARTHQUAKE - Vincent Pilien (DLSU PhD CE Graduate Student)
- DEVELOPMENT OF BASE ISOLATION SYSTEM FOR HIGH-RISE INFRASTRUCTURE USING EARTHQUAKE SIMULATOR TABLE - Michael Almeida (DLSU PhD CE Graduate Student)
- PROBABLE MAXIMUM LOSS OF A WATER PIPELINE SYSTEM DUE TO EARTHQUAKE-INDUCED SOIL LIQUEFACTION: A CASE STUDY IN ILOILO CITY - Samantha Jarder (DLSU MSCE Graduate Student)
- SEISMIC EVALUATION OF PADRE JACINTO ZAMORA BRIDGE USING USHER TECHNOLOGY - Michael Baylon (DLSU BSCE Graduate)
Meanwhile, Dr. Andres Winston Oreta, CE Dept. Professor and ASEP Fellow was the chair of the 19AIC Technical Committee with members, Dr. Garciano, Dr, Bernardo Lejano (DLSU CE Prof.), Dr. Mendoza, Adam Abinales (DLSU Prof. Lecturer) and Erick Sison (DLSU Prof. Lecturer).
|19AIC Organizers with Guest Speakers: Tony Loyzaga (National Resilience Council), Dr. Rene Solidum (PHIVOLCS/DOST) and Dr. Mel Luna (UPRI)|
|Photo with Keynote Speakers from Nagoya University|