Engr. Krister Ian Daniel Roquel with his best paper award
Mr. Krister Ian Roquel, a PhD student of the Transportation Engineering Division, Civil Engineering Department, was given the Outstanding Paper Award for his presentation entitled, “Freight Transport Infrastructure Development Assessment Using an Inoperability Input-Output Model” during the 12th Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS) International Conference in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam last Sept. 18-21, 2017. The paper is co-authored by his advisers Dr. Alexis Fillone, Civil Engineering Department and Dr. Krista Yu, Economics Department. The rest of the papers from DLSU that were presented are
· Abad, Raymund Paolo B. “Estimating Bus Dwell Time using Artificial Neural Networks”; “Vulnerability Assessment of Alternate Traffic Routes to Flooding in Metro Manila, Philippines”, co-authored by Dr. A. M. Fillone
· Baldo, Jan Nicholas S. – “Characterizing Tourism Accessibility of Sagada, Mountain Province ang Banaue, Ifugao, Philippines”, co-authored by Dr. A. M. Fillone
· Fillone, Alexis M. – “Modeling Students’ Travel Behavior During Class Suspension Due to Bad Weather”, co-authored by Mr. L. S. Ibasco
· Rañosa, Lovely L. – “Jeepney Service Operation and Demand in Baguio City, Philippines”, co-authored by Dr. A.M. Fillone and Dr. M. de Guzman (St. Louis University); “Providers’ and Users’ Assessment of Public Transport and Facilities: Baguio City, Philippines”, co-authored by Dr. A.M. Fillone, Dr. J.M.B. Biona, Miss C.M. Villaraza, and Dr. D. Guillen
· Zamora, John T. – “Comparison of Trip Attraction Between a Mall and a School in the City of Dagupan, Philippines”, co-authored by Dr. A.M. Fillone
The theme of the 12th International Conference of EASTS, is “Safe, Green and Integrated Transport” with more than 500 paper and poster presentations and attended by 800 participants mostly coming from Asian countries.
Philippine Delegation at the 12th EASTS International Conference with EASTS Board members
The day earlier, September 17, 2017, graduate students from the Transportation Engineering Division of the Civil Engineering Department also attended the First Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS) PhD and Early Career Researcher (ECR) Accelerator Forum at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The forum was a joint effort of the Women in Transport Leadership (WiTL) and EASTS – Vietnam, funded by the Australia-ASEAN Council of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and EASTS. Participants in the workshop included PhD students and ECRs from Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam, while key researchers and experts in transportation and related fields served as their mentors.
First EASTS PhD and ECR Accelerator Forum Participants