Last June 20, 2015, the De La Salle University held its 173rd Commencement Exercises at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC). The Civil Engineering Department had a total of 25 graduates, 9 of whom graduated under the Honors Ladderized (BS/MS) program.
Kirk Kennedy Yu (BSMS) graduating magna cum laude received two university special awards on Community Development (the 1st time a CIV graduate to receive this) and Student Leadership. Yu also received the "Most Outstanding Civil Engineering Student Award," the "Eduardo M. Cojuangco, Jr. Award for Excellence in Leadership & Research Innovation" and the Jose Rizal Honors Award.
|Kirk Kennedy Yu|
The awards received by CIV students during the ceremonies are as follows:
- Student Leadership Award: Kirk Kennedy U. Yu
- Community Development Award: Kirk Kennedy U. Yu
- Most Outstanding Civil Engineering Student:Kirk Kennedy U. Yu
- Eduardo M. Cojuangco Jr. Award for Excellence in Leadership & Research Innovation: Kirk Kennedy U. Yu
- Outstanding Contribution to the Department: Miller DL. Cutora & Kenneth Roi P. Toral
- Loyalty Award: Denson Manuel Oracion
- Jose Rizal Honors Award: Renz Anderson D. Chua & Kirk Kennedy U. Yu
- Magna Cum Laude: Renz Anderson D. Chua & Kirk Kennedy U. Yu
- Cum Laude: Jeffrey M. Tepace & Kenneth Roi P. Toral
- Honorable Mention: Miller DL. Cutora,Germaine Ann C. Dilay, Adrian Fredrick C. D, Sam Jovinson D. Lim and Frederick Lloyd A. Sosuan
Most of the awards were earned by the BSMS students. The BS-MS program allows students to take their Bachelor’s degree alongside a Master’s degree. During this commencement exercises, the second batch of BSMS students have completed the program. The BSMS graduates are CTM major: TEPACE, Jeffrey, STE major: CHUA, Renz Anderson,CUTORA, Miller, DY, Adrian Fredrick, LIM, Sam Jovinson, TORAL, Kenneth Roi and YU, Kirk Kennedy, and TRE major: DILAY, Germaine Ann and SOSUAN, Frederick Lloyd.
|BSMS CIV Batch No. 2|
Article by : Kirk Yu and Miller Cutora