|Dr. Fillone with undergraduate and DLSU BS-MS students|
Dr. Alexis Fillone was the conference chair of the 21st Annual Transportation Science Society of the Philippines (TSSP) Conference and 20th Founding Anniversary Celebration held on August 9, 2013 at the Marco Polo Hotel, Cebu City. Transportation Engineering (TRE) student delegates from De La Salle University – Manila (DLSU) attended the conference. The conference had the theme, “Preparing the Transportation Infrastructures for a Resurgent and Smarter Philippines”. Around 100 participants attended the said conference coming from the government, academe and the private sector. Mayor Michael Rama of Cebu City gave the welcome address to the delegates during the Conference.
The DLSU delegation dominated the technical paper presentation with 7 out of 12 papers coming from DLSU, namely:
- Impact of a Bus Rapid Transit System (BRT) along Expressways in Metro Manila by Alexis Fillone, Chino Que, Caila Marcial, and Lorenzo Rabat
- Mode Choice Analysis of Inter-island Passenger Travel from Iloilo to Negros Occidental by Krister Ian Daniel Roquel and Alexis Fillone
- Choice Analysis of Tourist Spots: The Case of Guimaras Province by Maria Katrina Ganzon and Alexis Fillone
- The Impact of the Emergence of Low-Cost Carriers and Budget Flights by Frederick Nico Fabian, Young Gyun Jung, Kevin Andre Montealto, Harvin Adrian Yu and Grace Gueta
- Improved Transport Termnal Utilization: The Case of Jordan Wharf, Guimaras by Raymund Abad and Alexis Fillone
- The Impact of Abrupt Lane Reduction Due to Work Zone along EDSA-Magallanes Road Section by Nica Isabela Aguilar, Dave Wilbur Abril, Hisa Isabella Go, Paolo Ian Lucero and Alexis Fillone
- Comparison of On-Street Parking Management in Ermita-Malate and Makati CBD by Judylyn Valdez, Mark Wesley Garcia, Ariane Bulactial, Federico Dizon and Grace Gueta
Mr. Krister Roquel and Mr. Raymund Abad, BS-MS students with specialization in Transportation Engineering, were awarded as Best Presenters for sessions A and B, respectively.
|DLSU delegates with keynote speaker, Dr. Rey Vea (president of the Mapua Institute of Technology||)|