Three associate professors from Yangon Technological University (YTU), Myanmar visited De La Salle University from September 24 to October 7, 2015. This visit was made possible through the AUN/SEED-Net Short Term Visit Program in ASEAN (SVAS) 2015. Dr. Kyaw Kyaw, Dr. Khin Aye Mon and Dr. Zin Mar Lar Tin San visited the Department of Civil Engineering with Dr. Lessandro Estelito Garciano as their host professor. AUN/SEED-Net identified the following objectives of this program:
- To enhance the teaching and research capacity of Member Institution (MI) faculty staff;
- To improve capacity of MIs, primarily in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam (CLMV);
- To boost research collaboration in 10 engineering fields among all MIs and to
- To strengthen sustainability of academic network through continuous collaboration among MIs.
One important output, among others, of this visit was a research proposal that will be submitted to the AUN/SEED-Net Common Regional Concern (CRC) 2016 call for proposals. Three universities will collaborate in this effort: YTU, DLSU and Kyoto University as the Japanese Supporting University (JSU). The research team is composed of the following:
a. Dr. Kyaw Kyaw – Principal Investigator
b. Prof. Junji Kiyono (Kyoto University) – Co-investigator
c. Dr. Lessandro Garciano – Co-researcher
d. Prof. Andres Winston C. Oreta - Co-researcher
e. Dr. Khin Aye Mon – co-researcher
f. Dr. Zin Mar Lar Tin San – co-researcher
g. Prof. Takeshi Koike (YTU) – Co- researcher
The proposal intends to promote collaboration and research in the field of disaster preparedness and mitigation in ASEAN countries.
- by Dr. Lessandro Garciano