Congratulations to Miss Germaine Ann C. Dilay, BS-MS student major in Transportation Engineering for being one of the two best paper presentors during the 22nd Annual Conference of the Transportation Science Society of the Philipppines held last Sept 12, 2014 in Diversion 21 Hotel Iloilo City. A total of 156 participants coming from around the country attended the said conference including students, professors, people in government and the private sector. This year’s theme discussed during the panel discussion was “Preparing TSSP for ASEAN Integration”. A total of six papers coming from De La Salle University were presented in the Conference, namely
- The Panay-Guimaras-Negros Bridge Project: An Assessment by Nicanor Roxas Jr. and Alexis Fillone,
- Mode Choice Analysis of Urban Trips in Iloilo City by Frederick Sosuan and Alexis Fillone,
- Current Bus Service Operating Characteristics along EDSA, Metro Manila by Krister Ian Daniel Roquel and Alexis Fillone,
- Developing a Public Transit Scheduling Tool for Metro Manila Bus Operators by Raymund Paolo Abad and Alexis Fillone,
- Mode Shift Behavior of Bus Passengers to Rail System under Improved Rail Operations by Germaine Ann Dilay and Alexis Fillone, and
- Impact Assessment of Traffic Management Measures in the Vicinity of De La Salle University-Manila by Danica Carpio, Analyn de La Pena, Joshua Chris Chua, Kervin John Lucas and Alexis Fillone
All in all, a total of 18 papers were presented during the conference coming from other schools like University of the Philippines-Diliman, Ateneo de Manila University, Central Philippine University and from LGU researches. Dr. Alexis Fillone of the Civil Engineering Department and also a Board Member of TSSP was the Chair of this year’s TSSP conference.