The Association of Structural Engineers of the Philippines, Inc. (ASEP) hosted its 20th ASEP International Convention (AIC 2021) with the theme “ STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING: GETTING SMARTER TO NEW AND FUTURE CHALLENGES” ON May 20-22, 2021 via Zoom Cloud Application. The guest speaker was Engr. Edgar Saavedra, BSCE alumnus and now CEO/President of Megawide Construction Corp.
DLSU Faculty ad MSCE, Master of Engineering and PhD graduates presented papers in the Technical Sessions of the convention. Summarized below are the paper presentors:
- Engr. Sheena Mae Fulleros, M. Eng’g - “Rapid Assessment of Hazards, Safety and Sustainability (RAHSS) of RC Buildings: Case Study Survey on Public Buildings in Sorsogon”
- Engr. Dexter S. Lo, MSCE, Founding Director, XU Engineering Resource Center, Xavier University “Seismic Fragility of Selected Public High School Buildings in Cagayan de Oro City”
- Engr. Albert C. Pamonag, M. Eng’g, “NSCP Online Hazard Tool – A Web Application of Wind and Seismic Hazard of the Philippines”
- Dr. Mary Ann Adajar, Chair, Civil Engineering Department, De La Salle University - “Strength Properties of Concrete with Fly Ash and Polyethylene Terephthalate (Pet) Plastics”
- Dr. Gilford B. Estores, PhD CE, Faculty, School of Civil, Environmental, and Geological Engineering, Mapua University - “Artificial Neural Network Modeling of Breakout Strength of A Single Expansion Anchor Embedded In Short Carbon Fiber Reinforced Concrete”
- Dr. Jason Ongpeng, Associate Professor, De La Salle University - “Application Of BIM into the Cost and Design in Prefabricated Prefinished Volumetric Construction (PPVC)”
- Samantha Jarder, MSCE, PhD Student (Tokyo City University) - "Toolkits for Strengthening ORDER in Schools"
|Technical Session with DLSU MSCE/M.Eng Graduates as presentors|
DLSU faculty members
also served as session moderators in the Keynote Sessions:
- Keynote Session 1: Smart Technologies for Structural Assessment and Performance Evaluation – Moderator: Dr. Rodolfo Mendoza, Jr and Adam Abinales (Part-Time Faculty, DLSU CE Dept)
- Keynote Session 3: Advancements in Analysis and Design of Towers, Buildings and Long Span Bridges- Moderator: Dr. Andres Oreta (Prof, DLSU CE Dept)
- Keynote Session 4: Effective Disaster Risk Reduction- Moderators: Dr. Lessandro Garciano and Dr. Bernardo Lejano (Prof, DLSU CE Dept.)
- Technical Session 3: Smart Technologies for Structural Assessment and Performance Evaluation- Moderator: Erick Sison (Part- Time Faculty, DLSU CE Dept)
DLSU Faculty members who are member of the AIC2021 Organizing Committee are:
- Convention Vice-Chairman - Lessandro Estelito O. Garciano, D.Eng.
- Technical Committee Chair : Rodolfo P. Mendoza Jr., D.Eng.
- Technical Committee Vice-Chair: Andres Winston C. Oreta, D.Eng.
|Emcees - DLSU former DLSU Undergraduate Students|