|DR&RR Workshop participants - Day 1|
- Dr. Renan Tanhueco - CESDR DRR-CCA Head and Assoc. Prof. of CE Dept.
- Dr. Andres Oreta - CESDR DRR-CCA member and Prof. of CE Dept.
- Dr. Jose Edgar Mutuc - CESDR DRR-CCA member and Assoc. Prof. of IE Dept.
- Dr. Lessandro Garciano - CESDR DRR-CCA member and Assoc.Prof./Chair of CE Dept.
- Dr. Edgar Vallar - Assoc. Prof. of Physics Dept.
- Ms. Mary Geraldine Yumang - faculty of DLSU STC
- Engr. Joenel Galupino - CESDR DRR-CCA member and ASF of CE Dept.
- Engr. Efren De La Cruz - Director, Senior High School Engagement Office
|The DLSU Dr&RR Team|
Target Participants: Faculty members who may teach the SHS on DR&RR subject
- To provide the participants a background on the concepts and a common framework on DR&RR.
- To present the DR&RR learning modules developed by PhD Grad Students (Read related blog) and reviewed & revised by the DR&RR team
- To present the SHS curriculum on DR&RR
Expected Workshop Outputs
- The participants will present a feedback on the learning modules
- The participants will present ideas for quizzes or long tests
- The participants will present feedback on the proposed final project of the course
Day No. 1: DR&RR Seminar
- 8:00 – 8:30 Registration, Knowledge Check
- 8:30 – 9:00 Opening Program
- Message from VCA – Dr. Robert Roleda
- Rationale & Introduction of the DR&RR Team - Engr. Efren De La Cruz
- 9:00 – 9:15 Overview of the DR&RR Learning Modules & Framework– Dr. Renan Tanhueco
- 9:15 – 10:15 Concepts on Disasters and Hazards & Open Forum – Dr. Andres Oreta
- 10:15 -10:25 Break
- 10:25-11:30 Concepts on Exposure & Vulnerability – Dr. Jose Edgar Mutuc
- 11:30-11:40 Video on Risk Analysis (Metro Manila)
- 11:40-12:00 Open Forum
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch Break
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lecture on Volcanoes – Dr. Edgar Vallar (Physics Dept)
- 14:00 – 14:45 DRRM Concepts – Mary Geraldine Yumang (DLSU STC)
- 14:45 – 15:00 “Sendai Framework for DRR”– Joenel Galupino
- 15:00 – 15:40 Role of Government & Citizen in DRRM – Dr. Renan Tanhueco
- 15:40 – 16:00 Tour of DRRR Resource Materials – Dr. Andres Oreta
Day No. 2: DR&RR Workshop
- 9:00 – 9:30 Presentation of DLSU DR&RR Syllabus- Ms. Mary Geraldine Yumang
- 9:30 – 10:30 Workshop#1 – Review of Learning Modules vs Syllabus – Dr. Garciano/Dr. Mutuc/Dr. Tanhueco
- 10:30-12:00 Reports on Workshop#1 - Ms. Anna Bella Manalang
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 14:00 Workshop #2 – Suggestions on Long Tests - Dr. Vallar & Ms. Yumang
- 14:00 - 14:30 Description of the Final Project and Open Forum - Dr. A. Oreta
- 14:30 - 15:00 Distribution of Certificates – Mr. Efren De La Cruz & Dr. Renan Tanhueco
|CE Dept Faculty Members (Day 2)|
|Group photo after the workshop on Day 2|